In a world that is moving at a fast pace in the light of the “disruptive” digitalization processes happening at the moment, it is essential for taxpayers to be aware of their rights and of the balance of power existing between them and the tax authorities (“TAs”). In this webinar we will discuss rulings from the Dutch Supreme Court where the taxpayer’s right to be informed was assessed in the context of a mathematical calculation software.This case raised the question of the discrepancy in the balance of power existing between the taxpayers and the TAs in respect of the latter’s access to information and analysis of such information. It also raises the question of the extent to which taxpayers are entitled to a right to be informed about the amount of tax they are bound to pay and the mechanisms behind the calculation of such amount by the TAs.
With this objective in mind, we invite you to an informative webinar where we will discuss the following:
- A summary of the Dutch Supreme Court case;
- Discussion on what are the technological developments in the field of taxation; and
- Discussion on how should taxpayers prepare for this digitalization process and how the can safeguard their rights.
- Marina Menezes da Silva, Associate, TPA Global
- Marc Zaal, Partner, TPA Global