India and South Korea have signed a new MoU [memorandum of understanding] tax treaty on December 9 to strengthen the ease of doing business in each country.
Other countries should follow this example.
It is the writer’s view that collection of tax is suspended anyway – due to the uncertainty of the amount collectible until the MAP process is concluded. We have had success is this in a number of African countries.
India and Korea: New memorandum suspends tax collection during MAP
More from FP NewsMore posts in FP News »
- International Tax Bytes: 7 October 2022
- I/I/T/F METHODOLOGY = SUCCESSFUL CASES
- Risky Business – 10 things I hate about TP!
- Another TP tax dispute argued before the Tax Board in Tanzania won for our client
- From the Controversy Landscape – Code of Conduct Principles of Tax Authorities vs Tax Payers Rights Being ChallengedFrom the Controversy Landscape – Code of Conduct Principles of Tax Authorities vs Tax Payers Rights Being Challenged